Many of our clients have utilized an energy savings performance contract approach to replace aging, inefficient, or high-maintenance equipment with new, state-of-the-art, energy-efficient equipment requiring little or no capital outlay through this specialized approach to financing.
We begin with a detailed analysis of energy bills over the last 12-24 months. We then perform the following steps:
- Preliminary Energy Audit: We’ll identify upgrade opportunities and areas for energy performance improvement. Preliminary savings and installation costs will be estimated in order to evaluate the potential energy and environmental improvements.
- Investment Grade Audit (IGA): A point-by-point, customized plan detailing specific energy initiatives, along with savings and implementation costs, will be provided for each proposed action. In addition, we will identify and include any available federal, state, or utility energy grants or rebates. We work with each client to select the subset of all available opportunities to match the client’s specific goals and objectives including financing options.
- Project Implementation: We’ll develop a project schedule, including integrated engineering and design, and then manage on-site construction and perform system-wide testing to ensure specifications have been met.
- On-going Evaluation, Measurement &Verification (EM&V): As we monitor energy savings, we’ll coordinate operations and engineering services to verify energy performance, and we will help you maintain the installation.
- Savings Reconciliation & Guarantee: We will deliver annual validation reports detailing cumulative energy and cost savings of the installed improvements.
TEG performs independent evaluation, measurement, and verification (EM&V) services to assess the performance of energy efficiency activities so that the planned results can be achieved with greater certainty and future activities can be more effective.
Other energy efficiency financing tools are:
- Utility, state, and local incentives
- On-Bill financing
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Pay for Performance (PFP)