Generation and transmission interconnection (G&T) studies:
- Feasibility, impact, and facility studies, and environmental analysis
- Economic analysis of generation and transmission lines in a regulated or deregulated markets
- Production cost analysis of generation
- Determination of locational marginal pricing (LMP) in deregulated markets
- Transmission constraint and congestion analyses
- Impact analysis of uncertainties (e.g., forced outages of transmission/generation, and fuel price, load, wind forecasts)
- Evaluation of the operational and economic impacts of renewable energy resources (DERs)
- Analysis of the resource adequacy indices, LOLE, and EENS
- Allocation/purchasing of ARRs/FTRs
- Power purchase agreement (PPA) structuring
- Power market analysis
Transmission and Distribution (T&D) planning, expansion and reliability studies:
- Load flow & short-circuit analyses
- Transfers, generation and load deliverability studies
- Stability or transient studies (if necessary)
- Market efficiency studies and operational analyses
- Production cost modeling studies
To find out if we can provide the information your company needs to make generation and transmission decisions, contact us.
We also conduct transmission constraint and congestion analyses and estimate costs of mitigating those constraints and congestions. These analyses may be used for sitting new generation and/or transmission facilities as well as to establish the valuation of existing assets.
TEG uses analysis tools such as GridView, PROMOD and/or PSS/E for its studies.
Project Finance Advisory Service:
- Develop comprehensive financial models for generation (e.g., cash flows, net revenue, investment returns, interest rate, debt service coverage ratios (DSCR),etc.
- Perform transmission rate analysis, financial model development, and analysis of proposals that seek to finance, construct, own and operate transmission lines