Generation and Transmission Interconnection (G&T) Studies
- Representation of solar and wind generators in ISO/RTO electricity Markets
- Provide transmission planning studies including power flow, stability, transient, and short circuit studies for solar, wind and energy storage projects
- Analyze generation interconnection study reports for project developers and recommend best interconnection strategies
- Use economic analyses to develop short and long term transmission plants for solar and wind projects
- Collaborate and interact with internal teams and industry peers on regional activities (e.g. FERC, NERC, ISO/RTO, etc.) on behalf of generation owners.
- Determine transmission constraint and congestion issues that affect power delivery and mitigate these problems
- Provide support for power purchase agreement (PPA) structuring
Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Planning, Expansion and Reliability Studies
- Load flow, stability & transient, and short-circuit analyses
- Transfers, generation, and load deliverability studies
- Represent generation project developers in planning committees to enhance power reliability studies for transmission planning & renewable integration challenges
- Manage electric transmission system planning, including compliance with state, ISO/RTOs and NERC standards and regulations and environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations
- Production cost modeling studies
- Experience with power system transmission planning tools such as PSSE, TARA, EMS, ASPEN, PROMOD, PowerWorld, and PSCAD software
- Conduct hosting capacity analyses on distribution grids for distributed solar generation, energy storage and DERs
Comprehensive Transmission and Distribution Line Design Services
- Grid Modernization
- Infrastructure and Technology
- Transmission & Distribution Line, and Substation Design
- System Studies
- Industry and Regulatory Compliance
- Construction & Program Management
- Owner’s Engineer
To find out if we can provide the information your company needs to make generation and transmission decisions, contact us.
- Determination of locational marginal pricing (LMP)
- Allocation/purchasing of ARRs/FTRs
We also conduct transmission constraint and congestion analyses and estimate costs of mitigating those constraints and congestions. These analyses may be used for sitting new generation and/or transmission facilities as well as to establish the valuation of existing assets.
Integrated Resource Planning (IRP)
IRP provides a common framework for balancing the goals by considering all supply and demand options as potential contributors and selecting an integrated set of least-cost resources that meets expected needs. The result is an opportunity to achieve lower overall costs that might result from considering only supply-side options. Furthermore, the inclusion of demand-side options presents more possibilities for saving fuel and reducing negative environmental impacts that might be possible if only supply-side options were considered.
An integrated resource plan should include the full range of resource options, ranging from traditional power plants to more innovative sources of electricity supply such as power purchases, independent power plants, cogeneration, demand-side management (energy efficiency and load management), and renewable energy sources.